Monday, November 06, 2006

Site Creation: STEP 1 - What is the site going to be about

So you are ready to get started with your first site. We need to think about what the site is going to be about.

I find that if you want to give yourself a chance at making a successful website, you need to make this topic something that you either know a lot about, enjoy talking about, have an opinion on, or have some basic interest in. This I believe is especially important with the first site.

Why do I suggest this?

1. It will be a lot easier to add content to your site. You will enjoy it more if it is on a topic you like and/or know a lot about.

2. I find that when I have a topic I do not know much about, it is much harder to come up with unique content or expand the site at a later date.

3. You will be learning a lot about various ways and methods to make money with your site. If you can focus on this instead of researching some topic or gathering information, you will be better off. I have had many ideas where I just don't follow through because I don't feel like doing any research on the topic.

4. You will soon see that Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, and MSN are extremely important to making any real kind of money with your site. What Search Engines like more then anything at all is UNIQUE CONTENT. Copying and pasting and generated content will never be as good as unique content. Your thoughts make your site different then the rest. We will talk about this in more detail later, but just know now that unique content is very important.

5. This is going to take some time, and if you enjoy what you are writing about you will enjoy making your site more. You may not enjoy it at all, but at least this gives you a chance at it.

Ok, so let me give you some example ideas. I am going to think about what I like.

I am a computer guy and I like computers
I know a lot about online casinos and I like gambling
I am in a pool league and am pretty decent

Think about what you like, what you know about, or what you have opinions on and write them down. Think about things that people would want to buy or want information about or what they would search about for each of your topics. Think about which one has the most possibilities or what you would think would be easiest to expand on. Once you have decided, you are done with step one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home